Friday, December 30, 2011

The Problem with Getting New Books...


So, with Christmas past us and a new year coming, I have a slight problem. I got three new books for Christmas* and I'm trying to fit them on my bookshelf.
The problem is that all of my books are different heights and different lengths so it looks like short book, tall book, short book, tall book and there are books that stick out and books that I can hardly see. (You could just picture the buildings in a city if you like.)
I think books should have a standard height and a standard length so they all look nice and neat on my bookshelf. But this could just be my OCD typing right now... What do you think?
Standard book sizes would also make it much easier to build bookcases, and presses (or whatever machinery they use to make books... hmm, how do they make books? To Google!)
Anyways, my rant is over. My OCD wants standard book sizes.
*The Radioactive Boy Scout by Ken Silverstein, Still Me by Christopher Reeve, and My Inventions by Nikola Tesla
(Original Post on December 30, 2011 at http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers106 )

No comments:

Post a Comment