Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Overcoming Writer's Block

The best feeling in the world is that moment that you've been waiting for months to feel, that moment when the story goes on and your brain is bustling with idea, that moment that you overcome your writer's block and the novel is no longer on hiatus!

Over the past month, my second novel has been on hiatus because I honestly had no idea where to take it. I could have figured it out sooner if my life weren't so hectic with Regents Exams and finishing the edits on my first novel.

However, I'm glad that I took the time to wait it out because now I love where my second novel is going. That moment a few days ago when I was finally able to continue my second novel was amazing! It felt almost as good as the moment when I finished my first novel. It was like I spent a month trying to pick the lock on a fault door and then I finally just raised my fist and punched right through it! (Owe!)

(Original Post on July 5, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers76 )

No comments:

Post a Comment