Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Top Ten Authors I Would Die to Meet

Here they are, as suggested by @Tiffany_A_White

(Only numbers 1-5 are in a special order.)

10: This is a group of authors I want to meet. At the moment I have over 800 Twitter followers and almost all of them are writers. I want to meet you guys! At least one of you is going to be the next NY Times Bestseller and at least one of you is going to write the best Independently Published book out there!


09: Ursula K. LeGuin: She is an amazing writer who crafted A Wizard of Earthsea perfectly! She's a master of juxtaposition and her stories draw your attention in!

08: Earnest Hemingway: I don't want to meet Hemingway because I loved The Old Man and the Sea. I want to meet Hemingway so I can find out how on earth he though The Old Man and the Sea was a good idea.

07: Isaac Asimov: Asimov wrote so many books in his lifetime and all were devoted to robots. The three laws of robotics were absolutely genius. I love his writing and I especially love I, Robot.

06: J.R.R. Tolkien: Lets face it, Lord of the Rings is one of the most well known and best crafted series ever written. The amount of time and commitment put into not just writing the novels, but creating a phonetic alphabet, both written and spoken, with two different dialects and a complete set of rules for writing it in English, is absolutely amazing!

05: John Green: John Green wrote Looking for Alaska, Will Grayson, Will Grayson, An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns. He wrote the whole way along to becoming a YouTube star and he's still writing today.  He showed me that writing was cool and fun and I try to keep that attitude with me!

04: J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter changed the way I saw books. Prior to reading it, I thought reading was a chore and I hated it. J.K. Rowling showed me the power a good book could have and she forever changed my perspective on reading!

03: Douglas Adams: I absolutely love The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! It's a fantastic roller coaster ride through the Universe with crazy twists and turns and a whole lot of nonsense! More importantly, his writing goes against the norm and keeps you interested! (R.I.P.)

02: Aubrey Hansen: This girl is the most creative person I've ever met! She's written scripts, poetry, books and she's working on an amazing fantasy novel as we speak. Go Follow her on Twitter, @aubrey_hansen and then go read her amazing blog!

01: Melissa Foster: Though her novel, Megan's Way, wouldn't be of much interest to most men, her novel, Chasing Amanda, is a kidnapping mystery! More important than her writing is her personality! She out of the blue offered to help me refine my query letters and she is always willing to help another writer! (Go Follow @Melissa_Foster on Twitter!)

(Original Post on July 13, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers80 )

No comments:

Post a Comment