Thursday, June 23, 2011

Coming Out (Not of the Closet)

Yes, I understand that the title of this post is not the best choice…
Anyways, by “coming out” I mean that today I decided to tell one of my old English teachers that I have written a book. I told her I wished to send her a copy to read as soon as my editor’s edits were finished and I had implemented them. She responded enthusiastically stating that it was an honor that I had asked her. This is very exciting for me and it feels great!

But this only brings about some deeper, hidden feelings I have possessed ever since my writing became serious: I worry about how I will tell my Mother that I have written a novel. I know she will support my decision, but I do not know her reaction, or how to tell her. The thought of this moment has plagued my mind for quite some time and much more often these past few weeks.

My question is this: Have any of you been in this situation and if so, what did you do?

(Original Post on May 25, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers45 )

No comments:

Post a Comment