Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not All Teachers are Evil (Just Most of Them...)

Today was my last class with my AP World History teacher. Throughout the year he has succeeded in one thing: making history interesting. But he has done so much more for me. He showed me what it means to be human. He taught me the horrible things that apathy can do. He taught me to reach for my dreams and to never say “I can’t.” He taught me that teaching is a two-way street: Teachers teach students and teachers learn from students. Mr. [He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named] (No, not Voldemort… I’m just not going to tell you who this teacher is because he doesn’t want to exist on the internet.) has showed me above all, what it is to be a person. Thank you.

When I begin sending out agent queries this July, I’m not doing it just for me. I’m doing for the world: I have a message to share with all of you. I’m doing it for me so I can be content knowing I got that message out to at least one person. I’m doing this because of the many inspiring people in my life. My history teacher has given me a boost of self-confidence and right now, I know I can do anything.

(Original Post on June 10, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers52 )

No comments:

Post a Comment