Thursday, June 23, 2011

MY EDITS ARE DONE!

One of my best friends, the fantastic Danielle D’Agostino, has worked her @$$ off since I started writing my first novel. She read each and every word throughout each and every revision and edit and then she did the hardest thing to come: She read my entire novel from *imaginary* cover to *imaginary* cover, editing everything along the way. Danielle, you’re awesome!

People of Earth (and other planets), my name is B.S. Meyers and I will stop at nothing to get published. I just have to input all of Danielle’s final edits and then there are only three steps keeping me from my goal.

Step 1: I have to tell my parents that I wrote a book. Yeah, they kind of have no clue that I spent the last year and a half writing a novel… or that I like writing… or that I plan on writing for the rest of my life.

Step 2: I need to find an agent! I realize that this is not such an easy task, but I’m ready. I’ve never been more ready in my life. Come July, those query letters are getting sent!

Step 3: After that, I may need some professional editing, if my Agent says so. Otherwise, my Agent just has to shop some publishers! This is just the beginning, but it’s the best beginning I could ask for.
Of course, maybe I won’t find an agent willing to represent my work. This tells me that I would need to revise my novel and try again, or that I need to revise and publish independently. I’m not opposed to publishing independently, I just figure I might as well try my luck to get published traditionally.

(Original Post on June 13, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers54 )

No comments:

Post a Comment