Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Dream

One night I woke up on the cold, hard ground. There wasn’t even the faintest light to be seen. All around me was darkness. I stood up and stared at my hands: I couldn’t see them. In the distance appeared a very faint, pink light. It began to grow larger at a very slow pace. This light was not growing, it was coming closer. I stood alone with every emotion I’ve ever felt rushing through my mind, but fear overpowered the rest. The pink light was now about 100 feet away from me. It had turned red and was no longer a circle of light, but a heart. I spun around 180 degrees and began running until I saw another one in front of me. This one was a triangle. I turned the the right and left; a square and a circle. I frantically turned in every direction. My heart raced, my blood boiled. Paranoia consumed my mind. Right, left, forward, backward, up, down… there was nothing but those red shapes of light. All of them were less than twenty feet from me now. I closed my eyes, but it was no use, the light shined through my eyelids. 5… 4… The light engraved itself on my mind…. 3… 2… So much racing through my thoughts, but I only saw the heart… 1…

At this point I woke up for real. The faint moonlight shined through the cracks in my window shade. I breathed more heavily than I ever had. My body was freezing, but it was sweating everywhere. I traced the crevasses between the logs in my ceiling. My heart pounded  so loud that I could hear it. I didn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

I had this dream for the first time when I was in kindergarten. I was 6 years old. That first time was horrific, but it did not end there. This dream plagued my mind in the following weeks after I first had it. I thought about it night and day. I never told a soul about it. I had it again, two more times in kindergarten. For a while it was gone. My mind was free. I had the same exact dream around fourth grade and again in about seventh grade. For now, I am free of it, but there is no telling when it will return.

What do you think it means? Comment below and tell me!

(Original Post on June 11, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers53 )

No comments:

Post a Comment