Thursday, June 23, 2011

More to Writing than Meets the Eye

I’ve been doing a lot of writing and networking lately and I’ve learned one thing that I had been doing all along that was very important to Writing. Since the beginning I have been doing research. I’ve looked up different topics that pertained to events/ideas in my novels. This helps me give those concepts a base in this Universe so that The Universe Inside My Head isn’t completely made up.

The one thing I do need to do more of research wise is reading. I need to read and see what others have done and how they’ve done it. If I can understand what’s been done, then I can do what I want to do better. On my list of research is Some Descartes, some Socrates, Asimov’s Foundation and Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. I’ve got my work cut out for me.

(Original Post on May 29, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers47 )

No comments:

Post a Comment