Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Adventures

A good book should have some sort of adventure. It doesn’t have to be slaying dragons or sieging castles, but there has to be some sort of journey for the protagonist. When people open a book, they want to be swept away from their own life and put into somebody else’s shoes. (I know, that last bit was very clichĂ©.)

When I open a book, I want excitement. I want to feel like I’m somewhere else and someone else. If I don’t feel like I’m on a journey, whether it is physical or emotional, then I probably won’t be all that interested.

Today I am leaving on a journey to St. Louis, Missouri for the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Championship! I’ll be gone until Sunday afternoon, so I won’t be blogging for a few days. Feel free to poke around my blog and see all of my posts.

(Original Post on April 27, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers20 )

No comments:

Post a Comment