Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Unexplainable Circumstances

I often find myself asking a hard question for my Universe: What started everything? What was first? I’ve avoided this question by telling myself that it doesn’t really matter. I can explain that this Universe started as a result of another Universe dying, but I don’t have to go into how the first Universe was created. Most of the time, people don’t want all of the answers.

I could go ahead and put my religious views in here, but I don’t want anyone feeling like I’m shoving my beliefs down their throat. I could also go ahead and make up my own ‘religion’ to explain everything, but I don’t really like the idea of doing that. I could base everything on science, but I don’t want to offend any religious readers.

So the moral of the story is, if you find yourself in a situation where you don’t know how to explain something, go ahead and ignore the fact that that thing exists. Leave a few open ends to create some mystery and wonder, but don’t leave everything open to interpretation, then it just gets boring.

(Original Post on May 5, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers26 )

No comments:

Post a Comment