Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Beauty

I spent the last 5 days in St. Louis, Missouri at the FIRST Robotics Championship. Although the team didn’t do as well as I had hoped it would, we had fun and I gained two things much much more important.

On my way out of Chicago, I flew over the water and saw the shoreline. Now, I’m not one of those people that loves to fly, but having four different plane rides in five days, I decided I couldn’t avoid staring out the window, especially since I had a window seat every flight. When I looked out at the shoreline I saw the water rippling below and the light reflecting on it; it was beautiful. I hadn’t noticed the earth for what it is until today. I have even more reason now to go on with my Save the Book project.

Something even more special, I gained a new friend. At least, a new real friend. I had been joking around with my friend Dan for a while, but last night we stayed up until 1:30 AM just talking. We didn’t talk about robotics or the team or how we did, but we had a REAL conversation. We talked about the deepest things that we had. Our fears, our inspirations, our changes, our lives. I am proud to call Dan a real friend.

(Original Post on May 1, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers21 )

No comments:

Post a Comment