Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Motivation

I’m motivated to write because I have a story to tell. I have a Universe swimming inside my mind that’s spilling onto the paper. I write because I love to write. I write because I want people to know how I feel. I want people to see what I see. I want people to look at love and the Universe the way I look at it.

I believe that when it comes down to it, writing isn’t just having a story to tell and it’s not just wanting to tell it. You need to be motivated to tell it. There has to be some underlying reason that you decided to write a novel. You can’t just sit down with a pen and paper and decide, lets write a book. If you decide to write a book because you want to be famous, then you’re probably not going to get anywhere with it because your heart isn’t in the novel.

Your heart needs to be on every page of the novel. Your ideas have to flow through the words. The characters have to reflect who you are or who you want to be. If you don’t like what you’re writing, why would anybody else like it?
If you’re not 100% immersing yourself in your story, then I wouldn’t necessarily tell you to stop writing it, but make it so you ARE the story. Your novel is a reflection of you, so make sure you give yourself a good reputation.

BE YOUR BOOK.

(Original Post on April 19, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers10 )

No comments:

Post a Comment