Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Courage

I’ve faced many difficulties while writing. Whether it be plot, characterization, inconsistencies, editing or revision, my biggest difficulty has been courage. More precisely, telling people that I’ve written a book. It’s never easy when you all of the sudden spring it on someone. The first people I told were Danielle, Kaleena and Shannon. (See my ‘Thanks’ Page.) I then told Jamison and Justin. Then I told CJ and Sarah.

Today I told Pete, my brother. I didn’t have the courage to come out and say it. To combat this, I sent him an email. It often helps me to ask questions and say things from behind a computer screen. It’s certainly not the best way to do things, and it certainly needs to be worked on, but it’s what I’ve got for now. For anyone else in my situation, don’t sit behind the computer screen, or with your head in a notebook and write a novel without a friend or family member their for you to talk to it about.

I’ll work on my courage, but only if you accept that you might need to do the same.

(Original Post on April 18, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers9 )

No comments:

Post a Comment