Wednesday, May 18, 2011

STOP BEING LAZY!

I just want to throw this out there, I can sometimes be a lazy person, but not to the point where it hurts me. Sometimes I’ll find anything to avoid my homework, but I always get it done.

Recently however, my girlfriend and I have come to a startling and disgusting conclusion. We are part of an organization call the Leo Club, which is the junior branch of Lions Club International. We do many different kinds of community service with the club, but lately we have noticed fewer and fewer people coming to meetings. I do understand it’s the end of the school year and there’s a lot going on, but if my girlfriend and I (The only ones showing up.) can find time to attend a meeting once a week, why can’t others.

The disgusting part is this: Whenever my girlfriend mentions the Leo Club, people ask her what it is and she tells them it’s community service. Then they look at her awkwardly and avoid the conversation. Just last week she told multiple people she was going to donate blood and then work at a car wash to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Those people looked at her like she had three heads. I don’t understand why people are so lazy that they won’t bother to help anyone but themselves.

This laziness is not good. Being a writer, if I was as lazy as those people, I wouldn’t have a completed book. I wouldn’t have finished that book and immediately began a sequel. I wouldn’t have written almost 80,000 words in my writing career.

Long story short, if you’re a writer, or just the average person, DON’T BE LAZY!

(Original Post on May 7, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers28 )

No comments:

Post a Comment