Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My First Novel

Since the revisions aren’t complete and I don’t have an agent yet, I don’t want to tell you too much about my book. With that being said, I will give you a short peak into the beginning of it. (I’m not giving you a paragraph out of it either, call me paranoid, but… well, yeah. I’m paranoid.)

December 21, 2012: The end of the world. Or so it was told. One Mayan saw the end of the world. In about 850 A.D. two-thirds of the Mayan population disappeared. Why? Well imagine that night. You’re up late on December 20, 2012, awaiting midnight for the end of the world. Over half the world has gone mad. Most are intoxicated, but you just sit there and wait. When the clock strikes twelve you close your eyes and wait. Your heart races with each chime of the clock. The chiming stops and you reluctantly open your eyes. The world has not ended. You walk over to the window and look up at the night sky. You see stars going out like a switch had been flicked. Up in the sky it is dark and you see no stars, but the one thing you do see scares you. Above the city is a giant, dark hole. This is not the end of the world. This is the end of all things.

That is just a taste of my first novel. It’s not enough to give away the plot and its certainly not enough for anyone to copy my story. (Again, I’m very paranoid.) Tell me what you think down there, in the comments!

(Original Post on April 20, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers11 )

No comments:

Post a Comment