Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Writing: A Journey of Discovery

What has writing done for me? What hasn’t it done for me? Since I sat down and started writing that first day, January 14, 2009, I have learned so much about myself from writing.

I have discovered that I have motivation. Before my book, all I did was procrastinate and avoid my work. I did my school work, but at a slow and not-so-steady pace. I did my chores, reluctantly.

I have discovered that I have inspiration. I’ve learned about all the things that inspire me: My friends, my family, Doctor Who, David Tennant, J.K. Rowling, Douglas Adams, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Dreams, Love, and my own emotions.
I have discovered that I have talent. Before writing, I felt useless. I didn’t do anything special. I just sat at home watching TV without caring about anything. Now, I do everything I have to do in order to push my way toward writing some more.

I have discovered that I have great friends. Prior to seventh grade, I had no friends. I acted like an @$$hole so a few other kids could have some laughs, but they didn’t care a bit for me. In seventh grade I gained some friends and since then I’ve gained more. However, it wasn’t until I started writing that I realized how great they are. I have one friend who spends her time reading my books and giving me suggestions. I have another friend who spends her time editing and revising my book for grammar. I have another friend who shares his writing with me and I share mine with him. I have even more friends that read my novels and tell me what they think. I have great friends and I wish to thank them for their support.

(Original Post on May 8, 2011 at: http://dft.ba/-BSMeyers30 )

No comments:

Post a Comment